On September 16th and September 17th 2010 the fourth meeting of the European Network of Places of Peace/first general meeteing was held in Wermsdorf, Germany.
A great exhibition on the Hubertusburg Peace Treaty was inaugurated on 27th of April in Wermsdorf (Germany) and was attended by high dignitaries of the State of Saxony, including the Prime Minister Stanislaw Tillich, the Minister of Science and Arts Sabine von Freifrau Schorlemer and the Minister of State for Environment and Agriculture Frank Kupfer. Also present were the Director of the State Art Collection of Dresden Hartwig Fischer, the Abassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Poland Rüdiger Freiherr von Fritsch and the Mayor of Wermsdorf Matthias Müller.Read more
The Minister of Defence of Hungary, Dr. Csaba Hende and the Secretary of State for Rural Development, Mr. Zsolt Németh attended the meeting for presentation of Places of Peace Route held in the Hungarian town of Vasvár, where was signed the Peace Treaty that concluded the Austro-Ottoman War (1663-1664)Read more
In the North Saxon Wermsdorf a ?peace window? on Hubertusburg castle was revealed. The glazed archway around the western wing serves as a commemoration of the seven years of war, that ended 250 years ago . The archway shows a greatly enlarged reproduction of the original Hubertusburg peace treaty of 1763.Read more