NPO European Institute for Cultural Tourism “EUREKA”
European Institute for Cultural Tourism EUREKA (EICT EUREKA) is a non-governmental organization founded in the Black Sea Resort Albena in 2003 by Bulgarian and Dutch experts and consultants working in the field of culture, recreation and tourism.
Our mission is the development of sustainable and responsible tourism through the enhancement, promotion and preservation of cultural heritage, local authenticity and natural treasures. We also provide professional training and consulting for the human capital engaged in the tourism industry.
Our expertise is in the field of:
•Consultancy services in the hospitality sector;
•Regional strategy development;
•Development and management of high quality tourism products, attractions and destinations;
•Management and Implementation of Projects with EU funding;
•Surveys in cultural and historical heritage ;
•Transfer of best practices;
•Elaboration of Cross-border and trans European cooperation;
•Conducting applied research in the field of the tourist industry;
•Vocational training and development
Cultural Heritage and Nature In Dobrudja
The Canyon of Dry River – this is an area in The Archeological and Nature Reserve
Dobrudja famous for its rocky monasteries and “Cape Kaliakra”
old Thracian sanctuaries
The Archeological and Nature Reserve Durankulak lake
The oldest processed gold in the world VI millennium BC. found near Durankulak lake
“The Old City” in Dobrich
The team of NGO EICT EUREKA continually explores the cultural value of the regions in Bulgaria - traditions, customs, historical and archaeological sites. We use innovative approach by the creation of tourist products and positioning of tourist attractions and destinations in Bulgaria. We are closely collaborating with local, regional and national authorities to create attractive tourism products based on the cultural values and rich culture historical heritage. Furthermore EICT EUREKA works with tourism businesses to develop and offer alternative forms of tourism, especially cultural tourism. The team of experts at NGO EICT EUREKA is focused on service excellence and continuous exchange of experiences and best practices from European countries that are leaders in the tourism industry.
The Peace Treaty of Kyuchuk Kaynardzha 1774
Kaynardzha Municipality is a municipality in Silistra Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain, in the area of the South Dobrudzha geographical region, bounded on the north with Romania. The Danube river is about 25 km away to the north through the Romanian territory. The area is named after its administrative centre - the village of Kaynardzha.
The municipality embraces a territory of 314.96 km² with a population of 5,250 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
At the end of the fifth Russian-Turkish war from 1768-1774, declared by the great Russian empress Ekaterina the Second, a peace treaty between Russia and the Ottoman Empire was signed on July 21st 1774 in Kyuchuk Kaynardzha in Dobruja by the Danube, near Silistra. Count Pyotr Rumyantsov signed it on behalf of Russia. Preparation of the contract, specifying its text, translating it and its signature took around 6 months. Count Rumyants?v personally led the whole diplomatic operation. This treaty was signed at the end of the fifth consecutive Russian-Turkish War, launched by Russian Empress Catherine II against Sultan Mustafa III. The agreement was signed in the village of today Kaynardzha, Northeastern Bulgaria, in Dobrogea. The contract facilitated the annexation of Kerch and several other Black Sea ports in Crimea to Russia and declared the remainder of the Crimean peninsula independent.
Russian merchant vessels were to be allowed passage of the Dardanelles. The treaty also granted Eastern Orthodox Christians the right to sail under the Russian flag and provided for the building of a Russian Orthodox Church in Constantinople.
Moldavia and Wallachia were restored under the sovereignty of the Sultan, but Russia has acquired the right of interfering with the Sublime Porte (the court of the Sultan) on behalf of the two principalities.
Moreover, Russia has acquired certain rights of representing the Greek Orthodox to the Sultan.
In a separate agreement (1775) Turkey gave Bukovina to Austria.
Treaty of Kyuchuk Kaynardzha facilitated the annexation of Crimea by Russia (1783) and underlies the later claims of Russia as protector of Christians and Christianity in the Ottoman Empire.
Click here for the full presentation of Eureka.