Hubertusburg Castle Friendship Association
Freundeskreis Schloss Hubertusburg e.V.
for reconstruction, preservation and reactivation
Chairman of the board: Dr. Georg Müller
(E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: 034224 / 40004)
Executive commitee members:
Dietmar Jentsch, Wolfgang Köhler,
Gabriela Lehmann, Ulf Müller
Freundeskreis "Schloss Hubertusburg" e.V.
Hubertusburg Nr. 19,
04779 Wermsdorf / Sachsen
Phone: 034364 / 51558
With the members of the 1th European Meeting in Evoramonte in May 2009
Hubertusburg about 1730
Commermorative coin from the city of Augsburg to the Hubertusburg Peace Treaty of 1763, a half thaler; one of many Commemorative coins on this occasion
Catholic Chapel „St. Hubertus“in the Hubertusburg with the 400m² great ceiling painting (of Johann Babtist Grone) of the "Hubertusburg Saga“ (Photo: Enrico Frenkel)
Historical plan of the Castle Hubertusburg about 1900
General view over the Castle Hubertusburg (Manfred John)
Partial view 2008 (Photo: Ulf Müller)
PROGRAMME, ACTIVITIES AND TARGETS
The aim of the "Association of the Frieds of the Castle Hubertusburg“ is the sponsorship for the reconstruction, preservation and reactivation of the Castle Hubertusburg with all buildings und gardens belonging to the castle.
It was built in 4 periods from 1721 to 1753 and constructed by 4 different architects (Neumann, Pöppelmann, Knöffel and Schwartze). The castle-complex was intended to be one of the biggest and most extravagant palaces in Garmany and in Europe with a magnificent charisma of baroque art and culture, used as an hunting castle and the 2nd residence of The King August der Starke and his son Friedrich August III. He was not to live in his luxerious “home” for long, only 8 years.
Nowaday it is the most important point using more rooms of the “Hubertusburg” for exhibitions illustrating art or science, especially the palace of the castle complex including regional distinctions or other special events.
The peace treaty after the Seven Years War in 1763 is the function as a role model to strengthen the cross-border cooperation with the partners in the European network „Places of Peace“.
For the reason it's intented to establish an “European Institut of Peace” in the Castle of “Hubertusburg” in Wermsdorf as soon as possible.
The “Hubertusburg Peace Talks” will be continued in September 2010. The last were in 2006 and 2008 in Wermsdorf. These conferences are to afford an ortortunity scientists, politicians, clergyman and interested participants to give lectures and take part in discussions. (http://www.freundeskreis-hubertusburg.de/frieko.htm).
The 250th Jubilee of the Hubertusburg Peace treaty takes place in 2013. We invite all responsible and interested people in Europe to prepare intensive this important celebration.
Hubertusburger writings booklet 1 Hubertusburger writings booklet 2
Hubertusburger writings booklet 3 Hubertusburger writings booklet 4
Solution of the Portugal delegation on the occasion of the 2nd Hubertusburg Peace Talks 2008
Opening of the 2nd Hubertusburg Peace Talks in September 2008
During the 2nd Hubertusburg Peace Talks in September 2008
During the European conference of the network "Places of Peace" in Evoramonte in May 2009
Deutscher Philatelie Service GmbH
Bischofsweg 2b, 04779 Wermsdorf
Phone: 034 364 / 804 0
Fax: 034 364 / 804 898